Monday, November 30, 2009

University of Pitt

So I got a very pleasant surprise today as I got back to school from Thanksgiving Break. In my mailbox was a very nice acceptance letter from the University of Pittsburgh, along with a very large, heavy, shiny gold paper clip (there was also a $52,000 scholarship attached to it, which helps out). This application was one of the applications that I sent out at the end of October when my only acceptance was from Baylor. Being my pessimistic self, I applied here, thinking that Pittsburgh was actually a very underrated town in terms of safety and beauty and that this might be the area of schools that I would be going to (Pitt is ranked 71). Now that I have some acceptances from Iowa and Ohio State, it seems like Pitt probably won't be an option for me. I will wait a little bit to withdraw, however. Maybe the job prospects on the east coast will be somehow better for someplace like Pitt as opposed to the midwest colleges. We will see! For now, I'm simply enjoying the acceptance, hoping that some of the higher ranked schools will give me a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment