Friday, November 6, 2009

Helpful Sites and Getting Up to Speed

The one website that I have been using a lot during this process is www.lawschoolnumbers.com . There are so many nice and helpful people on that website (shoutout to veritas85 and LoveSaltLife), and it has really been a joy to be a part of. My username on there is zpratt, and it's been a nice way of meeting people going through the same process I am and dealing with the same terrors as I am. It also has been a nice place to track my updates thus far. Here is what I have so far...

09/22/2009 - Almost done applying! Just have to wait for the next group to be available on October 1st, and then the waiting game.

09/24/2009 - So I was talked into going through with the Stanford app. I know it's a longshot beyond longshots, but you never know. I'm shooting for the moon, hoping that I can end up somewhere among the stars.

10/1/2009 - The last of my applications are done. Have to mail in my payment to Colorado.... Don't really get it but I'll do it. But more importantly, the application process is done! (hopefully). Now the waiting game REALLY begins.... Hooray?

10/9/2009 - Acceptance letter from Baylor arrived in the mail today... Full scholarship, too! The first one is in, and with a decision like that, I am only that much more confident for some of the higher level schools. Hopefully there will be many more, but I am enjoying this one a whole lot.

10/20/2009 - So I got a letter from Duquesne, and I never realized how beautiful Pittsburgh is. Guess that shows what I get for having preconceived notions about a town.

10/21/2009 - So I was checking my statuses today and the University of San Diego has made a decision. Unfortunately, they won't tell me what that decision is. I finally found something more frustrating than simply waiting for the decisions to be made. Oh snail mail.

10/30/2009 - Accepted at USD! This is getting exciting, although I'm dreading the first rejection letter, even though I know it will be coming eventually.

11/4/2009 - Accepted at Santa Clara via application status checker. I hope there are more to come!

And that's where I am so far. Another website that has been nice is www.top-law-schools.com . It has been a great place with helpful people who will answer questions regarding anything (for the most part). Again, if anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to leave them and I will try to answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment