Thursday, November 19, 2009

Vanderbilt Interview/Ohio State Research

So while I'm waiting for my decisions to come in (they seem to be coming in pretty quickly for some people), I've been doing some research on Ohio State University, and I have to admit, if this ends up being on the same level as the rest of my acceptances (as in I get rejected from most/all of the top 20), I will not be sad if this ends up being my choice. Columbus seems like a pretty great place to live for a few years, and the connections with the East Coast seem strong enough that I may be able to get a job outside of Ohio after graduation. The cost of living is not high at all and the campus is beautiful (see below). Oh yeah, and the Buckeyes have some pretty good sports teams. Besides, what's not to love about buckeyes? It's my favorite Christmas treat!



The Ohio State University Campus





Columbus, OH



I also had an interview with Vanderbilt earlier today. I think it went extremely well. I obtained high marks in every category, but I also learned a few things that make Vanderbilt very attractive (assuming I can get in, which is a HUGE HUGE HUGE assumption). First off, Nashville is another great city. The programs that are offered at Vanderbilt would be absolutely wonderful for me, and I would graduate from a very prestigious university with the ability to get a job most anywhere I choose. Let's hope that this interview gave them enough reason to give me a chance at their university.

That's all for now. Let's hope this quiet stage I'm at right now is just temporary... I really don't want the decisions to drift too far into next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment