Tuesday, November 10, 2009

THE Ohio State University

I just received an e-mail from Ohio State Law School notifying me of my acceptance! It is easily the highest ranked law school that I have been accepted to thus far (OSU is ranked #35 in the nation... San Diego is next with a #61 ranking). It is very uplifting knowing that a Tier 1 school wants me at their institution (for those of you who don't know, Tier 1 is #1-50, Tier 2 is #51-104, and then there are Tier 3 and Tier 4 below that). It also helps out with my recent frustration with William and Mary College (ranked #28). Many people with worse test scores AND GPAs that had their application completed later than I did have already been accepted, and I have yet to hear anything. It is a little bit easier to swallow that delay with an acceptance from a school that is only a few spots lower than they are (in some ways, OSU is better than W&M. In educational quality rankings, OSU is ranked 32 in the nation, while W&M is ranked 37).

Even though I have received full tuition at Baylor, it seems like it will be hard to turn down Ohio State with the huge disparity in rankings. It will still be a consideration (obviously), but now I definitely have to have a visit that knocks me out of the park. Let's hope I have a few schools that are even higher up on the list to choose from! Needless to say, I am really enjoying this acceptance. Easily my happiest acceptance.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Zach,

    Nice work with the blog. Do you use this too keep family and such up to date? It's a great idea.

    Congrats on OSU and thanks for the shout out!!

    - Joe (veritas85)

    ReplyDelete