Monday, November 23, 2009

In at University of Iowa

This is a little bit late, but I had a busy weekend with a school project and such. I received an e-mail on Friday afternoon from the Dean of the University of Iowa, notifying me of my acceptance. It was very cool. They are ranked 26th in the nation, so it is nice to be climbing up the rankings a little bit. It gives me hope for those schools in the Top 20, maybe even the Top 10! Also, they are higher ranked than William & Mary, which makes me feel even better! By the way, W&M, I have been decision pending since October 27th. This is reminding me of the time when I wanted to watch a television show as a very young child, and my mom told me to go wait for her in the living room. An hour later, she walked into the room, and I was still sitting there in front of the blank TV. See, W&M? I can be very patient. I have no problem waiting you out.

But anyways, about U of Iowa. First off, I received my formal letter via snail mail today. In it was a map of the campus, a couple of brochures outlining the college, and an acceptance letter from the Assistant Dean. I was very pleased to see a handwritten note discussing my seemingly excellent academic motivation and my superb personal statement. I figured that those would have to be the two things to set me apart from other people with higher scores when I am going for the oh-so-prestigious Top 10 schools, so maybe I have what it takes to pull it off.

As far as the curriculum there, I am very enticed. There are three areas of law that I, as of now, would consider going into: Intellectual Property, Business, and Entertainment. The University of Iowa is the only school that I have come across in my research that actually has a concentration program in Intellectual Property/Business law that is combined (not two separate concentrations). That is extremely attractive, Iowa. GO HAWKEYES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment