Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Wisconsin and Georgetown

So today was a very mixed bag of decisions. On the good side, I got accepted at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, Wisconsin. It is tied with Ohio State at #35 in the country, so it is a very good school. I'm proud to be among the first few people who were accepted to this school. When it is a school as great as Wisconsin, it is an honor to be in that first batch. Guess I will have a little more research to do about good ol' Wisconsin!

On the flip side, I FINALLY received a decision from Georgetown. As one can probably infer, it was a rejection. It's not completely unexpected, but it was the most nerveracking week I can ever remember. The fact that I waited a week from the time a decision was made until the moment that I received an E-MAIL (a generic one, at that) telling me of my rejection was completely uncalled for. Obviously, maybe there were extenuating circumstances that caused them to have to delay the decisions that long, but I can't see anything that would cause them to be unable to send out a mass e-mail of rejection notifications. This process made me lose a lot of respect for Georgetown.

In the same sense, it made me gain a lot of respect for the University of Illinois. The dean of admissions at this school, Dean Pless, is a regular poster on the website Top Law Schools . I went under review at this institution on December 3rd, and he immediately posted that all individuals that went under review on this date would receive an e-mail notification of their decision on Friday, December 11th. That sort of honesty and transparency has to be admired, even moreso after the Georgetown fiasco. Well done, Illinois. Even if you send a rejection my way, I will always admire those qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment