Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Great Day

This is a great day. It really is. I have my last final exam of the semester. It's bittersweet because I get to go home soon, but I'm also halfway done with my senior year. Either way, I'm really excited for what life has in store for me next semester, next year, and for the many years to come.

I also have a job lined up for next semester, working about 25 hours as a clerk at a law firm that I clerked for in 2007. They were really excited I contacted them about a position, meaning I must have done something right that summer.

But most of all, today is a great day because my only sibling, my brother, a member of the Military Police in the Army, is flying home from Iraq. He has been overseas for almost a year now and has missed so much, including the birth of his firstborn child. Even though I will not be with him on Christmas Day, I'm very excited to go see him a few days after Christmas, and I'm happy to know that he will be with his family for the holidays. Unfortunately, many members of the armed forces will not be returning in time for the holidays, and I think it would be a great idea to just reflect on that a little bit during this time that many of us take for granted. This post has very little to do about law school, but I think it would be wonderful if, during this joyous and family-oriented time of year, we say a little thank you, even silently, to the troops overseas who won't be with their families on Christmas, Hannukah, or any other holiday they may be celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment