Monday, December 14, 2009

University of Illinois/Santa Clara University

It seems like I'm posting everything in twos, and they typically have nothing to do with eachother. This time, though, I swear that they are linked. As you can see in my last post, I was waiting for a notification from University of Illinois last Friday, and to my joy, I was accepted! They even gave me a scholarship, which really surprised me to see that a school ranked at the same place as Notre Dame would give me a 30,000 dollar scholarship (10k per year) when Notre Dame waitlisted me. I guess that just goes to show how much of a crapshoot this process actually is. Thank you, Dean Pless, for my acceptance! You have easily taken the preliminary lead in my law school search.

In other news, I withdrew my application to Santa Clara University today. I received my scholarship information from them, and they only gave me 33,000 dollars over the three years (equating to 11k per year). I will take the 1k less per year and go to a school that is ranked over 60 spots higher than it, even if it is not in California. Good luck to all who are still awaiting a decision at SCU, and hopefully my withdrawal will open a spot for someone who is very deserving of that spot.

Now for the rest of finals week. One down, three to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment